- Communications, Modifications. You consent to the exchange of information and documents between SIP and yourself electronically over the Internet. You agree that SIP may, at its sole discretion, modify the Terms at any time with or without notice to you. The revised Terms shall be posted on the Site. You should review these Terms on a regular basis for any such changes. You agree that your continued use of the Site after any revised Terms have been posted on the Site constitutes your consent to be bound by such revised Terms.
- Ownership. You acknowledge that any and all information, content, reports, data, databases, graphics, interfaces, web pages, text, files, software, trade-marks and logos (collectively the “Content”) contained on this Site, including the manner in which the Content is presented or appears, and all information relating thereto, are the property of SIP and/or its licensors. The Content is protected under applicable copyrights, trade-marks and other proprietary rights. Unless otherwise stated, the copying, redistribution, use or publication by you of any such content or any part of the Site is strictly prohibited. You do not acquire any ownership rights to any Content or document obtained through the Site. The posting of information or materials by SIP on the Site does not constitute a waiver of any right in such information and materials. SIP may make changes in the Content at any time without notice.
- License and Restrictions on Use. SIP grants to you a personal, non-transferable and non-exclusive license to access, read, print and download one copy of the Content. You agree that you will not:
(i) distribute the Content for any purpose, including without limitation, compiling an internal database, redistributing or reproducing the Content through any commercial network, cable or satellite system (e.g., sending “spam” to SIP members or persons on SIP’s mailing list); and
(ii) create derivative works of, reverse engineer, decompile, adapt, translate, transmit, arrange, modify, copy, sell, sub-license, export, merge, transfer, assign, share, publish, make available to any person or otherwise use, either directly or indirectly, the Content in whole or in part, in any form or by any means whatsoever, except as specifically permitted under these Terms. You shall not permit, allow or do anything that would infringe or otherwise prejudice the proprietary rights of SIP and/or its licensors to the Content.
- License To Use Your Information. You hereby grant to SIP the perpetual, unlimited, royalty-free, world-wide, non-exclusive, irrevocable, transferable license to run, display, copy, reproduce, publish, distribute, create derivative works of, adapt, translate, transmit, arrange, modify, sub-license, export, merge, transfer, assign, share, make available to any person or otherwise use, any information or other content you provide on or through this Site or which is sent by you to SIP, including without limitation, any ideas, concepts, inventions, know-how, techniques or any intellectual property contained therein, for any purpose whatsoever. SIP shall not be subject to any obligations of confidentiality regarding any such information unless specifically agreed to by SIP in writing or required by law. You represent and warrant that you have the right to grant the license set out above. You also hereby grant to SIP the perpetual, unlimited, royalty-free, world-wide, non-exclusive, irrevocable and transferable license to post on the Site, any photographs of you taken at any SIP events.
- Links to Third Party Sites. The links on the Site will enable you to leave the Site and connect directly to linked sites. Such linked sites are entirely independent of the Site, and shall not be construed as any reflection on, any affiliation with, approval of, or endorsement by, SIP of any such site or entity, or its respective information, publications, products or services. SIP shall not be responsible for the contents of any site linked to the Site, any link contained in a linked site, or the information collected from you by these other sites. SIP is providing these links to you only as a convenience.
- 7. Your right to use this Site is effective until terminated by SIP, with or without cause, in SIP’s sole and unfettered discretion. SIP may terminate this Agreement without notice to you if you fail to comply with any of its Terms. Any such termination by SIP shall be in addition to and without prejudice to such rights and remedies as may be available to SIP, including injunction and other equitable remedies. The disclaimers, limitations on liability, ownership, termination, your license to SIP, your warranty and the indemnity provisions of these Terms shall survive the termination or expiry of this agreement.
- Disclaimer. UNLESS OTHERWISE PROVIDED, THE CONTENT, THE SITE AND THE LINKS THEREFROM ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, SIP DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE, ANY CONTENT AND ANY WEBSITE WITH WHICH THE SITE IS LINKED. SIP DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE CONTENT AND/OR THE SITE IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, SECURITY OR THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOU (AND NOT SIP) ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ANY NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION.
You acknowledge that your visit to the Workopolis Webpage is at your own risk and SIP expressly disclaims any and all liability from your visit and use of the WorkopolisWebpage. You agree that you have the sole responsibility for the posting of your resume on the Site and that you are responsible for the accuracy of your resume’s content. If you are relying on the content of any resumes posted on the Site, you are doing so at your own risk. SIP shall not make, give or be deemed to have made or given, and SIP hereby disclaims, any representation or warranty, express or implied, as to the truth of the information contained in the resumes posted by you or other individuals on the Site. You agree that all risks incidental to the disclosure or use of the information to or by you are your responsibility and you hereby indemnify SIP, its employees, agents, members, officers and directors (the “SIP Parties”) from any and all liability in connection with the posting of, and the information contained in the resumes.
- Limitation of Liability. Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall SIP be liable for any direct, indirect, special, consequential or other damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use, the Content, the Site or the links from the Site, even if SIP has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- Indemnification. You agree at all times to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the SIP Parties against all actions, proceedings, costs, claims, damages, demands, liabilities and expenses whatsoever (including legal and other fees and disbursements) sustained, incurred or paid by SIP directly or indirectly in respect of any information or other content you provide, and your use (or misuse) of the Content or this Site. SIP reserves the right, in its sole discretion and at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defence and control of any action, claim or matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you. You will co-operate as fully as reasonably required in the defence of any claim.
- Jurisdiction and Severability. These Terms will be governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein. In the event of a dispute, you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Ontario courts. You have required that these Terms and all documents relating thereto be drawn-up in English. Vous avez demandé que cette convention ainsi que tous les documents qui s’y rattachent soient rédigés en anglais. If any provision of these Terms shall be found to be unlawful, void or unenforceable, then such provision shall be deemed severable herefrom and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
© Society of Internet Professionals, 2000-2016. All rights reserved.
The SOCIETY OF INTERNET PROFESSIONALS™ mark and design, AIP™ mark and design, SOCIETY OF INTERNET PROFESSIONALS ASSOCIATE MEMBER™ design, SOCIETY OF INTERNET PROFESSIONALS CORPORATE MEMBER™ design, SOCIETY OF INTERNET PROFESSIONALS CHAPTER™ design, SOCIETY OF INTERNET PROFESSIONALS ACCREDITED TRAINING CENTRE™ design, SOCIETY OF INTERNET PROFESSIONALS INSTITUTE™ design, and the SOCIETY OF INTERNET PROFESSIONALS WEBSITE QA TESTED™ design are the trade-marks of the Society of Internet Professionals. Other trademarks on the Site are the trade-marks of their respective owners and are used with their permission by the Society of Internet Professionals.