" Upholding Professional Standards Since 1997
The Society of Internet Professionals (SIP) is a not-for-profit, membership based organization representing the interest of Internet professionals. Our mission is to uphold professional standards of internet professionals. Since 1997, SIP has spearheaded many initiatives, educational programs and networking events.
The members of SIP are professionals with diverse backgrounds and rich expertise in the Internet community, such as website professionals, programmers, IT people, entrepreneurs, and independent experts working with the Internet.
Membership in SIP is equally open to all non-internet professionals.
Since 1997, SIP has spearheaded many initiatives and programs:
- Symposiums and panel discussions open to public, SIP members (at discounts)and members of other associations.
- Workshops on key subjects by Industry experts
- Development of key competencies for various Internet Professional's roles.
- Web site Quality Audit Criteria
- Online members directory
- SIPpost, newsletter of events and resources
- Participation at various Trade shows in Canada and USA
- Professional Code of Ethics
To enable professionals involved with the Internet to harness new technologies, embrace opportunities for success and uphold professional standards of internet professionals
To create a
professional community for collective collaboration.
To provide professional code of ethics.
To provide a forum for educational and career opportunities
To accelerate career by enhancing professional skills.
We invite you to join SIP as
- Associate (no dues required)
- Professional Member ($100 yearly dues)
- Professional Life Member ($500 one-time dues)
- Corporate Member/Sponsor
1. Free subscription to SIPpost, our technology updates.
2. Discounted tickets to technology conferences.
3. Networking opportunities with peers and industry experts.
4. Enhanced professional skills that accelerate your career.
5. Attending cutting-edge presentations, workshops and Conferences
Professional Membership Benefits
All benefits of Associateship plus...
6. Take advantage of many affinity programs (preferred pricing) such as:
- Free Domain Registration
- Web Hosting
- Auto & Home Insurance
- Business Liability Insurance
- Health Spending Account, and more …
7. Numerous Complimentary Services and free passes to IT/SEO conferences and expo.
8. Members are awarded a digital-seal to display on their website and marketing materials.
9. Discount at SIP & AIC events.
10. Provide Professional Code of Ethics, which enhances credibility
Corporate Sponsorship Benefits
1. Company profiled in SIPpost, our newsletter.
2. A booth at a sponsored event
3. Opportunity to create an affinity program. Programs are promoted from our booth at various trade shows.
4. Online business listing with logo and link to your website.
5. Official Sponsorship plaque.
6. Discount on job posting on SIP's Online Job Board.
7. Business Referrals.
Professional Code of Ethics
SIP is a professional organization, which was founded in 1997 with a mandate to enhance professionalism and accountability of professionals in the Internet Industry.
Ethical standards are hallmark for any profession and SIP is proud to offer our members to take ownership of their professions.
Professional Membership in SIP is recognition of a member's commitment to respect their clients and peers, take responsibility of their job and commit to continue upgrading their skills and knowledge. This recognition helps members to build trust in their dealings with the Industry and public.
Professional Code of Ethics enhances the recognition for professional status. Members of SIP are required to affirm their intent to uphold these Professional and ethical standards.
Review the Code of Ethics
read weekly technology briefs, subscribed by more than 10,000, Subscribe
Download profile of SIP
Review SIP Programs
& Achievements, a Power
Point Show (full screen)